The Hot Desking feature enables Bridge users to log into any hard phone (the physical phone on your desk) on your system, and apply their own user profile and settings to that phone. With Hot Desking, your extension is whatever hard phone you’re currently logged into.
You can use Hot Desking to enable multiple employees to use a single workstation during different time periods. (Fun fact: the practice of sharing a desk on a rotating basis is where the term “hot desking” originated.) Bridge Hot Desking also allows workers to commute to the most convenient office, and to whichever workstation they please, any given day.
Example: An employee needs to work at a satellite office. They would log into the hard phone at any workstation. All of their calls and messages would now be sent to that Hot Desked phone.
Setting Up Hot Desking in Bridge
- In Bridge, go to the Settings button in the top-right corner.
- Click on Agency Setup
- Click on Provisioning Portal
- If the user already has their hard phone provisioned in this list, check the Hot Desking checkbox.
- If the user is going to use a hard phone that isn’t provisioned, go to the Hot Desking tab, select Add New Phone and insert the phone’s MAC Address, Brand and Model.
- The hard phone is now setup/configured in Bridge.
Setting Up the Hard Phone
- Lift up the receiver or use the speaker on the provisioned hard phone.
- When you hear the dial tone, dial *11
- Enter your extension and the # sign.
- Enter your password/pin and the # sign. If you don’t remember your password/pin refer to the instructions below.
- The phone will then reboot. When the phone completely reboots your extension and settings are moved over. You can start using the Hot Desked phone.
NOTE: You will be logged out of your original hard phone until you log back in!
Resetting your password/pin
- In Bridge click on your Avatar (your picture).
- Select Voicemail.
- Change your Voicemail Password/Pin here.