You can record a personal voicemail greeting either in the Bridge application or from a desk phone or ‘hard phone’. Here are the steps for each:
Recording a Greeting Inside Bridge:
- From the Bridge dashboard, click on the Settings icon
- Click My profile
- Click Voicemail
- Click Change Voicemail Greeting
From here you can record a new greeting, upload an audio file from your computer (WAV or MP3 formats accepted) as your greeting, or select one from previously-uploaded files. For our purposes, we’ll record a new greeting…
- Click Record a New Message
- Using your computer’s microphone or headset, click the Record button to start recording your new greeting.
- After recording your greeting, click Play to hear how it sounds. If needed, re-record.
- If you’re happy with the recording, give it a Description (name), e.g., “Mary’s Smiling Greeting”
- Click Save
Recording a Greeting from a Desk Phone (Hard Phone):
- Dial *97 and press send/call.
- Enter your voicemail PIN. (Your default PIN is 1234. See How To Change Your PIN, below.)
- Press 5 to access the Advanced Menu.
- Press 1 to record a new greeting.
Once your greeting has been recorded, go back to the Advanced Menu.
- Press 2 to select your greeting from the recording you just made.
How To change your PIN:
From the advanced menu, pressing 6 will enable you to choose a new PIN.